Welcome to Yoga for You with Gill
- General Hatha Yoga Class (includes influences from different styles of yoga)
- Detailed instruction as you go along
- Classes include guided breath techniques & relaxation
In yoga we begin from where we are right now
My classes emphasise what Iyengar is quoted as saying, “Come to your mat every time as though it’s your first, no matter how long you have been practising”.
Explore how your body and mind feels from the moment you come to your mat. By practising this mindful yoga, we can observe how body and mind feels in the present moment and practise accordingly.
When body and mind are in tune, we practise our asana at the level right for us right now in this moment -not too easy, not too difficult -just the correct level for us right at this precise moment.
What makes yoga different?
Desikachar expresses it well:
“However beautifully we carry out an asana, however flexible our body may be, if we do not achieve the integration of body, breath, and mind we can hardly claim that what we are doing is yoga. What is yoga after all? It is something that we experience inside, deep within our being. Yoga is not an external experience. In yoga we try in every action to be as attentive as possible to everything we do.
Yoga is different to dance or theatre. In yoga we are not creating something for others to look at. As we perform the various asanas we observe what we are doing and how we are doing it. We do it only for ourselves. We are both observer and what is observed at the same time. If we do not pay attention to ourselves in our practice, then we cannot call it yoga.”
(The Heart of Yoga, T.K.V. Desikachar)
From October 2020, I will be available for one-to-one Online classes.
- I will be available to teach one-to-one online, Thursdays to Mondays.
- You can book a class from 18:30 to 19:45 or 20:00 to 21:15pm Spanish time (an hour earlier UK time).
- Booking required in advance and discount will be available for block booking fixed times and days.
- Please contact me for further information regarding availability and cost, using the contact form: Contact